Under Construction 630 N. East Ave.
New construction is rarely available in Oak Park, which values its historic homes and neighborhoods. A rigorous review process is required for any new structures built in the historic districts.
Constructed on one of the best streets in Oak Park, this home blends seamlessly with its neighbors—Frank Lloyd Wright is right next door!—but the interior is designed for today’s lifestyle.
Outside, this is no boxy new construction house–the style is European country revival and uses a variety of appropriate materials to achieve a timeless look including:
- Reclaimed brick with a distressed finish
- Hand applied stucco
- Reclaimed fir and new cedar
- Charming cedar screened porch
- Mature trees and a mix of old and new landscaping
- Hand made shutters
Inside, the use of unique and reclaimed materials combines with a thoroughly modern layout to deliver a one of a kind home.
- Open floor plan kitchen, family and dining flows into the generous screened porch and sunny yard
- Large mudroom with powder room conveniently located at the back and adjacent to the kitchen
- Dining room that can be formal or informal
- Quiet living room with wood burning fireplace
- First floor bedroom suite
- Four large bedrooms and three baths on the second floor
- Luxurious master suite with vaulted ceilings, heated bath floors, separate water closet and his and her walk-in closets
- Open recreation and storage on the lower level
This is no Home Depot special. Each room is carefully designed with materials that will make it stand out:
Custom made Amish cabinetry in the kitchen and most baths
- Stone countertops
- Top of the line appliances including Bertazonni, Jenn Air, Sharp and GE
- Use of reclaimed wood, unique lighting, open shelving, barn door hardware and character white oak combine to deliver a relaxed and rustic yet modern feeling
- Top of the line fixtures from Rejuvenation, Restoration Hardware, Kohler, Pottery Barn, CB2, Decolav, Toto and more
- Tile is hand selected and ranges from hardy porcelain for the mudroom to hand made Japanese clay tile in the first floor bath and natural stone in the master
But sometimes the best reason to buy a house is what you can’t see:
- 100% new plumbing including a new 1 ½” water service
- 100% new heating and cooling
- 100% new electrical system including new overhead and panel
- New roof
- New windows and doors
- New insulation
- New hardwood flooring
- A local, experienced builder who will be around for the long run
Total square footage is 4800 square feet. First floor is 2000 square feet, second floor is 1600 square feet and basement is 12oo square feet.
It will be ready to move fall 2017.
For more information contact the builder, Pam Whitehead, at 312-209-8888